Mar 23, 2010

Home Grown Art Show

This past week I was in a 3 person show in Pennsylvania, alongside my close friend Beth Ferraro and a metal sculptor, Robert Koch. The element in common joining our rather disparate work was the fact that we had all gone to the same high school in PA, and this exhibition was an effort to bring culture to the community, as well as reconnect us, the long-fled alumni, with the locals. Beth and I spent quite a lot of time giving informal artist talks to local teachers and students, and then had quite a nice turn out at the opening. While it was definitely a different scene than the shows I'm used to in Brooklyn and NYC, it was a good vibe, and I got to catch up with my beloved art teacher from elementary school! Here's a pic of myself and the other artists (photo courtesy of Allison Usavage).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good showings of your style...Is there anyway to get in touch with Beth. I knew her a lifetime ago, and we emailed, im'd and snail mailed each other for a couple years and then lost touch. If you see her you can see if she remembers Matt from Ohio back from the 90's. I would send spoken word sessions. Funny funny...