Oct 23, 2009

ARTIST UPDATE

I definitely have already fired myself as the writer of this blog---in fact, I had to ask my graduate school sister to start giving me assignments so I"m more on top of it.
It's been a busy few months, with lots of openings and writing-of-grant-applications.
In a nutshell:
-applied for grants from the Graham Foundation for Architectural Research, the Guggenheim Foundation, NYFA, and several others. My fingers are crossed for all of these, as grants are the only way I can possibly continue my world's fair project at a pace that is faster than that of a dead snail.
-sold two prints, of my newest variation on the 1893 Chicago site at night (as seen below)
-had openings at the BOFFO show in Brooklyn Heights and Dutch Kills Gallery in Long Island City, where I was the October guest artist
-made it to the semi-finalists of the Photolucida Critical Mass competition
-set up a solo show at the South Oxford Artspace in Ft. Green, Brooklyn for March
-and, have been always, always, making new work



© 2009 Jade Doskow

No comments: